Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Best Knitted Tank Pattern Ever!

The weekend before last, Andy and I took a trip up to Orchardside Yarn shop for their annual fiber festival and sale. The shop is surrounded by mountains, with a babbling brook, and a free wandering peacock. The ladies at the shop were more than nice and helped me with my yarn and pattern purchases. I picked up Norah Gaughan's Vol 2 from Berroco so I could knit the Flow top. The pattern was well written and the top knitted up in less than a week! For this one I used Artyarns Marine which I loved! It fits perfectly which is more than I can say for a few other things Ive had on the needles...

I love the pattern so much, that we took a trip to Sereknity in Roanoke this past weekend to purchase some Berroco Flow in a lovely blue so I can knit up a second one. Sereknity is a great shop too, we had a blast and I came home with way more yarn's than I planned. I picked up another Berroco book with a cute linnen top which will most likely be the next item on the needles.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Yet another rave review about Flow! Yours is a beauty!
Your handspuns from last post are gorgeous!

Dianne said...

The finished product is gorgeous..and I bet it looks very nice on you as well..you think I could swing that?..lol
I've heard that Serenknitty is also a great shop, good customer service etc..

Dana said...

The Flow is beautiful! I got to fondle it in person, Dianne, and it really is wonderful.

Thank you again for the Serenknity goodies Lara. The Orchardside trip sounded wonderful (definitely a place I'll have to hit).