Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Knitty Christmas!

Christmas this year was one of the best ever. Andy and I had Elizabeth and Carl over for turkey on Christmas Eve and spent a wonderful evening relaxing and enjoying their company. Christmas day, we hung around the tree, had a mimosa or two and watched Christmas Vacation (the best movie EVER!), A Christmas Story and Home Alone. Andy has been working some major overtime and it was great to have some down time together. We got together with Andy's parents on Saturday for cake and the annual exchange of gifts. It was nice to have them here, as they haven't gotten to see our tree before.

The week before, Linda and I took a trip to Salem to check out some primitive shops and had lunch at Abeulo's where we celebrated our Christmas. Linda, as usual, was much too generous.(thank you girl! ) Then, yesterday, Dana , Dianne and I met Linda at the Old Liberty Station restaurant in Bedford for lunch, and celebrated Christmas some more! Thank you Dana and Dianne for all of the lovely gifts!

With all of Andy's overtime, Ive had some extra time on my hands which has been put to good use knitting. I was going to show some pictures here, but blogger doesn't seem to want to cooperate. In any case, here is the list:

1 pair hand spun socks, my own pattern
1/2 pair Falling Leaves Socks out of yarn gifted from Linda (who has no blog, but should!)
1 knitted mouse bottle topper
a tiny sweater ornament for Elizabeth
the "Weaved Beanie Hat" (I really think this should be called WOVEN, but whatever) for my gram in NJ
2 skeins of hand spun alpaca for Dianne
A Forest Canopy Cowl for Dana
And the start of the Vice Versa Scarf

All can be seen here: Ravelry Projects

Here is to a Happy and Healthy New Year with Lot's of Knitting!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Forest Canopy! I knew the pattern was familiar. The cowl is beautiful and thank you so much for it (and for the other presents too).

Your Christmas Eve sounded wonderful and I'm glad that you and Andy were able to enjoy some downtime at last. Have a wonderful New Year and I'll see you soon! XOXOXOX