Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spare Time Knitting



How much time does it take to knit? Some people say they don't have the time or patience to knit. Most of us are busy with everyday life; work, household chores, grocery shopping, bills and all that "fun" stuff. Lots of knitting can be done in the spare time we may not realize that we have. Yesterday, I headed off to the doctors office with the sock in the picture to the right just cast on and one row of ribbing done. When I left, nearly two hours later, there was 4 1/4" of knitting accomplished. I'm not super happy about having to wait to see the doctor for an hour and forty five minutes, but at least I got something done during that time. Just think of how much you could knit while you wait in line at Walmart, the lines here are sometimes twenty minutes long.
The yarn from the sock was gifted to me by Dianne. It came from Rock Creek Yarn and is really nice to knit with.
My friend Linda knits in the car whenever we take a road trip. No matter what happens, she calmly knits away. One road trip we were on a divided highway and a car came racing towards us in the wrong direction, Linda never missed a stitch. It turned out to be a high speed chase and we saw a line of police cars following on the other side of the highway.


It's been a productive week, I finished the rotating rib socks, which are a gift for my mom. They are knitted out of AC Moore yarn (gasp!) Marble and the color is lavender. Mom lives in Maine and thick socks are a must for the winter.


















This is the Vogue Sideways Cardigan, finally off the needles.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Everything is just beautiful! I Love your sideways cardigan, very pretty. You've been a busy girl!

Dianne said...

Ah..would that be...The Bird of Paradise?..I do love it!..And you're doing such a pretty pair of socks with it..glad you are pleased..and the Cardi..yum!!..and Mom's socks are just the ticket for those Maine winters!..

Dana said...

You have been busy. The cardigan is lovely and so are your mother's socks. Rock Creek has some beautiful colors. I think that's the first time I've seen "Bird in Paradise." I bought their "Cherry Blossom."

Have a great trip (Linda told me) and enjoy your time with your mother!

Spinning Lara said...

Thanks Becky! I try to keep my hands busy at all times, keeps me out of trouble!

Spinning Lara said...

Yes, that is the beautiful Bird of Paradise that you gifted to me. Thank you so much, it knits up super fast and I love the color!

Spinning Lara said...

Thank you Dana :) Can't wait to go, not looking foward to the long drive but it will be worth it. Would love to see the Cherry Blossom that you have. Sounds very pretty!

Unknown said...

That sock turned out so cool!