Monday, June 16, 2008

Crochet Mainia

I've been bitten by the crochet bug, or should I say frog:






I collect pin cushions and couldn't resist making the little frog, and the tomato:

The tomato body is hand spun mohair and the green top is hand spun colonial wool. The frog is Vanna's Choice. I can't believe I bought something that Vanna would endorse, it was on sale, what can I say?

This acorn came from a pattern on Ravelery. It was super easy to do and only took about two hours to complete. It's supposed to be a small project holder, but I think my gauge may have been a wee bit off (Im not much of a crocheter and didn't bother to check my guage.....). It's rather small and could better be used to put a gift in. It could possibly hold a center pull ball of gossamer lace yarn. It's way too small for a sock yarn holder.


3 comments:

Becky said...

Lara what cute crocheted pincushions. LOVE me some frogs!Your crossover vee cardigan is lovely. I admire your patience to go from raw fleece to finished product. Lots of time and work! Yeah, I've had the Maine Lobster and can see why you would miss it so much.

Dianne said...

Just too cute~~
Sure hope I can join you on Fri..for the fun event..if not in person, surely in spirit.
The pincushions and the Cardigan are wonderful, can't wait to see the eye candy..hugs

Dana said...

Adorable! I like frogs and yours is just so cute. The acorn & tomato are equally sweet.

Lobster..Mmmmmmmmm. One of the most wonderful meals of my life was fresh lobster eaten along the Rockport, Maine coast. Love them & all seafood.

Have fun on Friday!