Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The 2008 Virginia Classic Llama and Alpaca Show

This is my first blog post, so bear with me! I started spinning in March of 2007. My friend Linda, gave me a quick lesson and then I purchased a wheel of my own, a beautiful Kromski Sonata. This year, I entered a skein of beautiful llama that I spun at the Virginia Classic Handmade's Derby. The roving that I spun came from Posey Thisisit Farm here in Virginia. The llama who it came from is named Lucky Star and is quite beautiful.
Here I am with the skein of yarn from Lucky Star that I entered in the Derby. I was so excited to see that it won first place and got great marks from the judges!
I do some spinning for the Hall's who own Posey Thisisit Farm. Jamee' wove a shawl out of the handspun that I did for her, and her shawl won first place in the hand woven didvision. She also did a needle felted fruit bowl which also won first in the felted division. Here is Jamee' with her beautiful shawl and needle felted fruit bowl.












5 comments:

Dianne said...

Welcome to Blogland..and it's great to hang around with 'First Place' Folks..hugs..Your blog is wonderful~..good job.

Dana said...

The blog is wonderful Lara! You did a great job! :D Congratulations on your first place win (I only just learned of it last Saturday). That's really terrific!

Spinning Lara said...

Thanks Diane and Dana!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lara Your Blog is Fantastic. I hope those who read it will contact you to spin for them. You are a Great spinner and those who have you spinn for them are lucky! Jamee'

Spinning Lara said...

Thanks Jamee'! You and your Mom have such beautiful Llama fiber, thank you for letting me spin it!