Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring!


Today is the first day of spring! Time to start enjoying the outdoors again. Bike riding, fishing, hiking and driving out on the Blue Ridge Parkway to name a few things my husband and I enjoy doing together.

Best of all, since spring is finally here, that means
FIBER FESTIVAL SEASON IS HERE!
Here are a few that might interest you:

Sedalia Fiber Festival coming up on May 24. Check out what they have to offer at: http://www.sedaliafiberfestival.com If you are a fiber person, or just enjoy seeing some super cute animals like alpaca and sheep, this is a great family oriented event to go to. It's set in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Bedford, VA. There will be ton's of fiber vendors and some great food too. Be sure to mark your calendar and come check it out! Also, if you are new to knitting, spinning, weaving, and felting this is a great way to start out. It's low key and not overwhelming.

Maryland Sheep and Wool May 3 & 4 at the Howard County Fairgrounds in Friendship, MD. This will be my first year going, and I can't wait! Everyone has said this is the biggest and the best. Information can be found here: http://www.sheepandwool.org/ I'm already planning my shopping attack: which backpack's we will take, how much they can hold, can I really use ALL of the tax return money on fiber? Do we really need a new deck? After all, fiber is so much more fun....although the new deck is going to be awesome and well worth the money that could have been spent on fiber ;) Plus, this summer I can take my wheel outside and spin in the evenings while enjoying the sunset.



4 comments:

Dana said...

Buy a sheet of plywood & toss it in the grass. Voila! You have a new deck and more fiber money. ;D LMSO

Your basket of wool is a great photo and I must admit that spinning outside on a new deck does sound very nice.

Spinning Lara said...

Im brining you to Lowes next time I have to go. I can see it now, no screws Andy, we need fiber. The deck can be put together with handspun!

Anonymous said...

That sure is a delicious looking bowl of fiber..You can come spin on my deck..and save more money for fiber..hugs

Dana said...

You'd waste handspun on a deck?!? No way. We'd use Red Heart for the deck - - the acrylic will make it last longer. Sheesh Lara - - some builder you are!

XOXO