Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Felted Purse

Last week, Linda and I went to Backstitches in Lynchburg. I picked up a skein of Cascade and a skein of Arucana hand dyed Alpaca to make a felted purse for spring. I had 2 skeins of Arucana in hand dyed purple in my stash and combined them all to make this cute bag. The pattern for the flower came from Knitting Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding. I hand felted the flower in the sink and machine felted the bag in the washer.

The pattern for the bag started out as the brown bag pattern that came for free with the yarn. (It can also be found on Knitty.com, just do a search for brown bag pattern and it should come up) I decided as I was casting on that the little bag would not be big enough to haul all my stuff around, so it went under major alteration.
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am not a fan of knitting ICord. In fact, I will do just about anything to avoid ICord. Really, it sounds like some sort of disorder. Did you hear, Mary has ICORD??? She is undergoing treatment for it. So, I decided to see how a non-knitted twisted cord would felt up. It went so well, I think I will be doing them from now on.


The picture is not great, I couldnt seem to get the color right. It's a beautiful lavender and green. Shown here on our rosemary bush.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Giggles @Icord..I've not done an Icord yet, but I've steered clear of like some dreaded fungus also..your purse looks lovely, can't wait to see you 'sporting' it around..the colors look perfect to me~~AND...by gosh, I made her appt for next Thurs. so I can get to Backstitches...haha..If I have to run a taxi..the driver needs to have a treat, right?

Dana said...

LOLOL..."Mary has an ICORD" was hysterical! Why do you hate them so? I did an i-cord at the top of every pair of slippers I ever made and it wasn't bad. Me? I'm "Mary has a PROVISIONAL-CAST-ON?!?" :D

The purse is beautiful and I cannot wait to see it "live & in living color."

Elizabeth said...

lorete says you have gerat alpaca wool





love,



loreta