Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Maryland Sheep and Wool

Im a little late posting about Maryland Sheep and Wool, two weeks to be exact. Andy and I got there really early and hit all the vendors before the crowds got there. We got some great goodies:


This is a knitters basket made by Skacel. It has a purple silk lining, with pockets for all your knitting goodies. The lining comes out and can be used as a knitting pouch too. Couldn't resist it!


Below is a lace neck warmer purchased in kit form from The Spinnery. It came with the most wonderful Merino and Mohair blend, very soft and easy to knit with. I changed the pattern a little, it was to be knit flat and then seamed. I knit it in the round, changed to a smaller needle size for the neck band (theirs seemed too loose on the neck) and then crocheted a lacy edge for the cast off.


We had a great time, did a lot of shopping, visited with Jamee' and Joyce Hall from Posy Thisisit Llama's and then headed out to Bass Pro and the giant mall (it's one mile around) to do some non-fiber shopping.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

How fantastic, a fibre fest! The basket is gorgeous and that lace bit, neck warmer is beautiful.

Dianne said...

I love the basket..and all the goodies..plus a little 'bass fishin shoppin'. Sounds like a perfect day!
The neck warmer is gorgeous..can't wait to see it modeled.
Hugs!

Dana said...

I will not...
I will not steal...
I will not steal Lara's basket.
(unless she walks away from it).

Just teasing! That is a BEEEAUTIFUL basket - - the prettiest I've seen by far and I didn't think anyone could top Lantern Moon's stock.

The neck warmer is lovely!