Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Sedalia Fiber Festival this past weekend was great! Dana did a great job with the organization and promotion. There were a large number of vendors and many, many more shoppers than in previous years. I hear rumors that next year it could possibly be a two day event which would draw even more vendors and shoppers.
I came home with a new wheel, she's a Kromski Symphony and I just love her! She's smooth as glass and fast as a NASCAR driver heading towards the checkered flag! I purchased her from Mary Ellen of I See Spots Farm.

This is some kid mohair that Ive spun on her so far. Its the softest kid mohair Ive ever felt and feels a lot like cashmere.

This is the brightest lime green Jacob yarn I have ever seen! Had to get, but am undecided as to what to knit out of it. Am thinking of maybe mittens or a hat.

A quick update on the Low Tide Crossover Vee sweater. I finished the two fronts and back and kitchnered them together. It looked a little small when I was knitting it, and it turned out it was a lot small when I pinned it together. So small, I thought I would have to tear it out. All that scouring of fleece, picking and carding, spinning, dying and knitting and it was too small! Thankfully I remembered what Suzanne of Suzanne's Knitting Shoppe in Lynchburg had taught me: wool can be blocked and stretched. I broke out the iron and a wet tea towel and went to work. So far, so good, the body fits now. Phew..... Now onto the sleeves and crochet trim. Im hoping that I dont run out of yarn......no kidding, I think I have just enough to do the sleeves....

4 comments:

Dianne said...

She's a Beauty!!
AND the green would make awesome mitts.
I'm so HAPPY you could come on Sat..even if only for a bit.
And all your help on Fri..My gosh, we could not have done it without you..I don't have piano moving skills..I'm limited to 3 ton tables..lol..
Thanks so much for your help and I can't wait to see more of your new Baby..hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I saw your DH putting your new wheel into your car! Sedalia was great. See my loot at http://carpoolknitter.wordpress.com/

Dana said...

Thank you for the kinds words and DON'T FORGET your own part in the festival organization - - it was a group effort by all of us and we can lay the fact that there was a contest at your door (I wouldn't have thought of it). Also, I'm going to second Dianne here; thank you for Friday! Your help and support was invaluable and I cannot begin to express how grateful I am!

Congrats on the Symphony. It's lovely and I'm so glad that you're enjoying it! Have you "smoked" it yet (like the Sonata)? LOL

The crossover looks wonderful! Have a great weekend and enjoy the wheel! :)

Spinning Lara said...

Dianne & Dana, I was so glad to help. No problem on moving piano's and tables, happy to help anytime - I used to be a farmgirl, so can lift lots of heavy stuff!

Carpoolknitter, nice haul from the festival! I think you did see DH, tall guy wearing cap and leading an "illegal" (should not have been there) but very cute dog. He said he got lots of comments on the way to the car. Two ladies asked if he spun and then told him he was a great fiber husband :)