Monday, June 16, 2008


It seems like I've been working on the Low Tide Cross Over Vee for ages, and with much relief and happy knitting/spinning satisfaction, it's finally done! I really enjoyed starting with raw fleece and ending with a completed sweater.

I'm waiting for special order moose antler buttons to arrive for the sweater to be really completed. They are being made in Maine, which is where I grew up. The pattern for this sweater was designed by a lady from Maine as well, I thought that was pretty cool.


The whole sweater is knitted in stocking knit, so the knitting went really quickly. The finishing took some time as there is a hand spun lace crochet edge:

The lace edge is 50/50 llama and hand dyed alpaca. The picture doesn't show the color well on the lace, but it's gray, blue and brown. It reminds of the rocky coast in Maine. Can you tell Ive been a little homesick lately? I'm dying for some LOBSTER. Mostly for a a lobster roll, that's cold (cooked) lobster mixed with little bit of mayo, possibly a small amount of lettuce served on a grilled hot dog bun. I had one at a Red Sox game one time that was served on croissant and the lobster meat had dill mixed with it. Now that was wicked good :)

6 comments:

Dana said...

Your 'crossover vee' is beautiful; you did an incredible job! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you have any issues with the sleeves? I've ripped out twice and re-knit and they still don't seem to fit well with the rest - any hints?

Spinning Lara said...

Thanks Dana :)

wvspinner, I didn't have any problems with the sleeves, but did make them quite a bit longer than what the pattern called for. The body was a little tight for me, so I blocked it pretty heavily, the sleeves didn't need much blocking at all. Not sure if there would have been a fit problem putting it together unblocked.

Were they too big or too small?

Lara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply - the sleeve cap didn't seem the right shape - too pointed. It was difficult to ease the seams together. I ended up ripping back and binding off at 34 stitches (working decreases into the BO)and it worked out great. I also made it into a long-sleeve sweater. I've posted a picture of my piecing on Ravelery.

The sizing seems really small - when I bought the pattern at MS&W, Nanney Kennedy recommended I knit a medium, but it's awfully snug. I'm going to try and block it out a bit.

Your sweater is really lovely - thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign with wvspinner, but that's me responding!

Janice

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one, it might be my favorite version of the sweater I've seen!