Monday, April 21, 2008

Luna Moth Shawl

Here is the hand spun Luna Moth shawl that I recently completed. The green is 50/50 merino, the varigated pink is 100% silk. It took three weeks to spin and ply and another three to knit the shawl. I spun singles of green, and singles of green with intermittant sections of pink silk and then plied them together. The result is a beautiful striped pattern in the shawl - a total accident that Im really happy with!

A close up of the shawl. It's much more vibrant in person.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Brava Lara! Luna Moth is just incredibly beautiful! I am SO impressed... spinning lace weight!

Dianne said...

Oh HOW pretty~some talent indeed!
I look forward to seeing this gorgeous shawl..and another trip to B/N..

Dana said...

WOOOOOOOWWW! Lara, the shawl is gorgeous and completely amazing! You did an incredible job and what makes it all the more unreal is that you did it "from scratch," e.g. spun the fiber yourself.

Great work!

Spinning Lara said...

Thank you :) I really enjoyed making her, she was the first lace weight I spun and the first lace I knitted. Now all I want to do is knit lace....