Monday, April 14, 2008

Needlefelting Weekend

This past Saturday I taught an Introduction to Needlefelting class at Backstitches in Lynchburg. I forgot to bring my camera, but do have a picture of the finished piece:
The class was full and it was great to meet so many new fiber people. Everyone left with a finished project and several people commented that they were surprised to learn a new technique and have a finished item completed in only two hours. Best of all Linda and Dianne came and I got to visit a little with them after class. Dianne brought me this beautiful lace alpaca from Wooly Wonka Fibers in the Wasatch colorway, shown here in one of Andy's one of a kind bowls:




Ive been collecting pin cushions for a while and decided to see if I could make a needlefelted one in the shape of a hat. It went very well and we were admiring it on the coffee table last night when Kiwi hopped up on the couch. Being an opportunist, I just had to see if he would model it for the camera:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Kiwi is quite a model!!..and the class was wonderful..forgot my camera also..but it's more broken than working these days..so am in the market for new one before vacation...so that I can also photo some recent fiber finishes.

Dana said...

Your needlefelted rabbit is adorable! Likewise, Andy's bowl is equally beautiful; he obviously a craftsman too. :)

I laughed out loud when I saw Kiwi wearing the hat/pincushion! That's a one-in-a-million picture.

Marianne said...

Hello! Dianne has written to me about you, told me to get my arse over here and I'm glad I did!
Your Bunny is a cutie and I really liked the pincushion hat on Kiwi!

You realize, I'm quite envious you getting to hang out with Dianne and Linda... and so close to the rest of the Virginia Sweethearts :^) (yes, that means you, Dana, and Nikki)