Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reward Knitting

Monday brought with it the completion of the Vogue shell. I knit it out of *gasp* inexpensive clearance yarn from Michaels. Shame on me, but who cares, it turned out well and blocked nicely.



Since I actually completed a project on time, meaning I can wear the shell in the upcoming season (not like finishing a nice wool cardigan at the beginning of the summer). I gave myself some reward knitting. Reward knitting is only given when there are currently less than three projects on the needles. If there are three already on the needles, yarn may be purchased for another project (or stash....) but nothing new may be started, no matter how badly I want to. Hi, Im Lara, and I start too many projects without finishing them. We won't even talk about whats on my spinning wheel and what's waiting to be carded right now.

In any case, here is the cute little cable and bobble bag Im knitting out of Noro Kochoran to tote my wallet in at MD Sheep and Wool. It's an adapted pattern from Ready Set Knit Cables. I got the idea for it at Backstitches. They were kind enough to let me borrow their bag to take notes before I began this one.

I like to stick my needles and small projects into the center pull balls. It looks very festive, like a flag, don't you think?

3 comments:

Dianne said...

The tank is quite stunning,it finished up so lovely..thanks to me for slowing you down..lol
Your little bag sounds cute, love that yarn..but it makes me itchy..but I can live with being a little 'itchy'..or the other~added letter~Hugs

Marianne said...

The Vogue shell looks fabulous, 'we' really don't mind about the 'where' or 'how much', if the yarn works, and in your case it worked very well, that's all that matters... no shame on you.

The little cable and bobble bag pattern is very pretty!

Marianne said...

Oh look.... Dianne's comment and my comment were 1 minute apart... that means we were all over here at the same time... WOOT!
(ok, I get tickled about the oddest things sometimes...)